Observership Program for Specialists
Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences offers "Observership Programs" which are specifically designed for specialists and subspecialists to be able to observe the activities of a particular department, division, center or institute at the University and function within Iran health system by observing the delivery of care by experienced specialists.
Clinical Observership Program is intended to fill gaps in clinical knowledge or training; it is meant to familiarize and acculturate specialists to the practice of medicine in Iranian clinical setting.
KUMS currently offers rotations in orthopedics, internal medicine, anesthesiology, urology, pathology, dermatology, pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, psychiatry, neurology, ophthalmology and nephrology, infectious diseases, radiology, cardiovascular diseases, general surgery, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, otorhinolaryngology-head and neck surgery, and emergency medicine.
Length of program
This is a month long program and typically lasts from 4 weeks per rotation or specialty.
• Gaining insight into the day-to-day operations of clinical care in Iran
• Enhancing assessment and diagnostic skills
• Attending weekly university hospital grand rounds
• Exploring areas of interest in ongoing research and initiatives
• Opportunity to observe health care delivery and receive valuable feedback
• Earning a certificate upon successful completion of the program
• Observers can rotate among several specialties to create a longer experience
• Apply on website or email your request
• Submit completed application, required documents online
• Rotation will be confirmed and an acceptance letter will be sent to you
Tuition and Accommodation
Tuition for 4 weeks: 3000 USD
Accommodation for 4 weeks:
About 200 USD (University's hostel)
About 600 USD ( Hotel apartment)
English Brochure: Observership Program Specialists
Building No. 1, Shahid Beheshti Blv., Kermanshah, Iran
Telephone: +98 833 835 4434
Postal Code: 6715847141
email of Global Strategies and International Affairs: email@example.com